Tuesday, November 27, 2007

St. Louis Chapter

After a great stint in San Diego for Thanksgiving, I arrived back in St. Louis where Carol had arranged a meeting with a few folks to talk about getting a strategy together for the DiscoveryBound chapter.

As I mentioned in the previous post, it's a unique situation here with Principia and the development of CS youth activity. DiscoveryBound really is the perfect means of bringing the Principia and non-Principia crowds together.

The group also wanted to see if there was interest in the young adult age group in doing more activities together. I told them about the development of the CS:NYC group in New York City. How activities range from playing Frisbee in Central Park to Monitor Prayer Watch events where an article from the CS Monitor is read and the issue it presents prayed about. Then the group meets at a cafe to discuss what they each worked on.

So, folks got pretty charged and I helped them with specific tasks to grow the chapter. The next step is to work on getting the church contact network established in the area so when events are planned the word can get out about them. They're also keen on the Operation Testimony Meeting event to visit other churches and show what DiscoveryBound is about.

Tomorrow is looking like an admin day. Now that I have just enough experience in getting around to churches, connecting groups like eastern Iowa and figuring out how to keep track of it all, I need to set up my "office" to support that work flow.

I also need to figure out how to partially winterize the trailer. Some friends from college who live in the area have put me up and the trailer is parked at the Principia Upper School. There are still some liquids in the system, and while it hasn't gotten cold enough yet to make pipe bursting a concern, it is something I need to learn about. It's all part of the trailer life. Yee-haw.

No comments: