Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Iowa City, IA

The winds of fall have made themselves known in Iowa City. The morning started with me strapping on my inline skates and gliding downtown to meet with longtime friend Japhet who is working here on the Edwards Presidential Campaign. Then, I scooted back to the church where I met with George Gregory who is the Sunday School Superintendent at the Iowa City Church. As it turns out, George is also the Committee on Publication for Iowa and travels all over the state, so it was nice to be able to connect with him here.

George was very appreciative of my coming through and was glad to see such an effort being made for CS youth. We talked about getting a chapter going here, but we still need to do some research to see if it could really be supported. We'd have to look well beyond Iowa City. He suggested the possibility of getting an Eastern Iowa/Western Illinois group going and my meetings tomorrow will contribute to that idea as I meet with folks from Davenport and hopefully Peoria and Springfield as well. Maybe we can rope in the folks from Des Moines.

We also have some stirring in Detroit. After attending the Chicago Spiritual Summit, I met Keith who is starting to ramp up some activity.

I had my first guests in the trailer tonight. I never managed to get a photo off, but Japhet took one. Hopefully he'll send that along and I'll post it when I get it. We also had Molly, who as it turns out has worked with Japhet in the past! Sara, who currently works with Japhet at the Edwards Campaign came over as well and we all had a nice cozy chat with hot tea and an Antarctic slide show. Go figure.

Tomorrow, I blow out of here. Molly has agreed to come back in the morning to spot for me while I try to back this trailer out of here. Oh boy.

No comments: