Sunday, November 11, 2007

2nd Church, Omaha

Much thanks to 2nd Church Omaha who saved me from the Wal-Mart parking lot and set me up with power and water hookups in their parking lot. What luxury to have constant power (not having to set up the generator and run it with that drone in the background) and to have solid water pressure. My shower tomorrow morning is going to be a treat. Now, I have been showering most mornings already and though the little water pump on the trailer does very well the pressure isn't quite consistent. So, I'm not complaining, just appreciating the change.

It turns out there is quite a bit of interest here in Omaha to support activities for CS youth. I met the Clerk, Tom, and the Sunday School Superintendent, Gabrella of 2nd Church and the lot of us, including Gabrella's family went out to lunch together.

Tom then helped me with getting the trailer situated and even had a piece of coaxial cable to connect my TV to the antenna. He suggested I start a wish list which I might just do. Check the left column. He also offered me a white gas Colman camping stove after I mentioned I would like to get a grill. It was close but not quite what I needed.

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting with Deb and Renata who have spearheaded some local CS youth activity. Hopefully we'll be able to get something up and running for them.

It looks like I'll be heading to Des Moins, Iowa next. I'm not sure if I'll be staying there the night or just passing through. Such are the thrills of reckless ambition and blind adventure - much like this road trip.

Ciao!

No comments: