Monday, November 12, 2007

Omaha Chapter

Today was a successful day of meetings and it looks like Omaha may soon have a DiscoveryBound chapter. Deb has been working on getting something together - including a summer program for the kids. When I handed her the chapter handbook, her eyes bulged and she exclaimed "this is all so organized!" Well, I'm glad she thinks so and I hope it helps her put a board together and gets things rolling.

We met at Burger King at 10.30 and I was still working on my breakfast, but shortly after the meeting was over a touch of hunger struck and I struck back by heading to the grocer "Bag 'N Save" to pick up some sandwich materials. Things were going so well in building my sandwich, I decided to video it for you!



The afternoon included making phone calls into Iowa and resulted in the invitation to park the trailer at the Iowa City Church. Sweet.

This evening, Fred, the would be Sunday School Super of 1st Church Omaha took me out for a great (world famous really) Omaha steak dinner and a tour of downtown Omaha with interesting historical sketches of what buildings have come and gone and the such.

Tomorrow morning I'll bid Omaha farewell and will continue east. Stay tuned!

No comments: