Saturday, November 10, 2007

Admin Day


Omaha Sunrise
Originally uploaded by offyonder
Today was fairly uneventful, but highly productive. I'm on this early rise kick, so I got to enjoy the full range of the sunrise with a cup of tea in hand. I miss the smell of wet prairie from my first night out (see map).

The productive elements include picking up a printer, organizing my files, (and filing system), setting up my expense report, entering all the data, the usual barrage of email's and a handful of other things. Nesting really. Getting used to life in a trailer. Granted, this trailer is probably twice the size of my old apartment in New York City and on average, the views are much nicer. Granted, it might be a draw looking out over the Wal-Mart parking lot, but the photo of the sunrise blows the brick wall view I had away.

Tomorrow is church and I'm looking forward to meeting folks. Today was a difficult day to get in touch with people as there was a big football game in Lincoln.

Now, it's time to steam some broccoli, warm up the rotisserie chicken and pour a nice cold glass of milk. Dinner along with some reading should set the day nicely to rest.

No comments: