Saturday, November 17, 2007

Principia Visit


Bluff Sunset
Originally uploaded by offyonder
Friday and Saturday were the last days of the quarter at Principia College, my alma mater. It was great to pop up there for a visit, see some friendly faces, meet new people, tell them about DiscoveryBound (some didn't even know about our Labor Day event there!) and, as it turns out some friends of mine were having a diner party and I was absorbed into the festivities.

I ended up sleeping there for the night (hence no up date yesterday) and enjoyed a day of continuing to catch up, visit a farm share stand, move a work bench from a bike repair shop and enjoy a nice sunset walk along the Bluff Trail.

The love I felt for that campus came rushing back in a very unexpected way. I was suddenly thinking about how I could really enjoy figuring out some sort of teaching position (though, I have no idea what I would teach) to allow me to live and work on that campus again for a stint. It was really great to get away from there after graduation, but now I think the breathing time has done its deed and it would be safe to return for a bit. I think that was the way for many of my classmates. We all went off on our own adventures in the world, gained worldly experiences and can bring them back for the current student body.

Tomorrow I should be meeting many of the active members of the St. Louis DiscoveryBound chapter and on Monday I fly to San Diego to deep fry the turkey with my dad and bro. Good times.

No comments: