Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hutch & Wichita, KS


Snow?
Originally uploaded by offyonder
What is going on here? When I arrived in Hutchinson, KS it was beautiful, sunny and 50˚F! Overnight, the weather blew in and I woke to a light dusting of snow scattered everywhere. The whole plan was for me to stick to the warmer weather!

Well, the trip to Hutch was eventful. I got to meet with my friends Amy and her dad George and got to meet her mother for the first time.

Also, I met with Marilla and her dad, Dan, who is the Superintendent of the Hutchinson Church. They only have sporadic Sunday School attendance, but Dan was happy to be the church contact for when they do get more kids in the SS.

I made the snowy drive to Wichita and parked in the large church parking lot and waited for the 6.30 service. I got to meet a number of nice folks including Doug & Carolyn whom I joined for dinner at a local eatery. They are very supportive of DB and what we're doing. Carolyn is going to connect me with the Wichita SS Super as another Church Contact. I'll also let the Chapter in KC know about the gang down here so they get included on any KC events. It's a bit of a drive, but maybe for a weekend overnight event folks from Wichita will be willing to drive up.

Tomorrow I drive down to Oklahoma City where my friend Dawn has arranged for me to be able to park in the church parking lot there. There's supposed to be 4-6 inches of snowfall tonight. We'll see how the roads are!

No comments: