Monday, January 28, 2008

Houston, TX


Heatwave!
Originally uploaded by offyonder
Good times in Houston, but it's time to move on. After some very good meetings with folks here, it's clear they are all very busy with getting ready for the TMC Youth Spiritual Activist Summit.

DiscoveryBound has been in Houston in the past, but with the number of kids dwindling in Sunday Schools... it's been difficult to keep the momentum going. The folks I've chatted with here seem to think the Summit will lead into an interest to continue having CS related activity for youth henceforth and if there is any spark of interest in that, I'm told DB will be off and running. Until then, we're supporting the work being done for the Summit and I'm off to San Antonio to continue the work and to promote the Summit. I plan to be there in April!

Oh, and a side not one Houston and road signs... I can't sort it out. It can be a confusing city to drive around in. Often times the signs are hidden behind a concrete pole or are too close to the junction. Maybe it's just me.

To the Alamo!

No comments: