Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dallas Digs - Arlington, TX


Dallas Digs
Originally uploaded by offyonder
Last night I visited the closest church to where I'm parked in Arlington, TX - the Arlington church. It turned out one of the members was moving to Florida and they were having a farewell party for her and they invited the total stranger visiting their church to come along. Ok... so I wasn't a total stranger. The organist, Mary, and my mom were roommates at Principia together. Mary had just had me over for dinner the night before. I also gave a testimony about seeing the message past a metaphor (the non-fruit bearing tree Jesus withered away from a few weeks ago) and about the "Science" of Christian Science.

Once the group figured out what I was up to with DiscoveryBound, they invited me to address the group at the party and talk about what was going on here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The response I got afterwards makes me believe we'll have some good participation in the newly forming Fort Worth chapter from Arlington!

No comments: