Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kohahna Sunset


Kohahna Sunset
Originally uploaded by offyonder
I'm on my third day visiting Camps Leelanau and Kohahna in Michigan right on the shore of Lake Michigan. It has been nothing but heaven.

Instead of doing a general DiscoveryBound presentation to the whole camp, I was introduced at dinner and have been visiting the campers in their activity sessions and participating where I could. And in the little lulls between activities the campers have been asking me more about DB.

I've also had chances to chat with their Counselor Trainees (CT's) about the programs and how they can support the idea of growing and providing 'camp at home' during the school year.

Also, I've been getting some good chats in with the various adults who are here who don't quite have a clear picture as to what DiscoveryBound is.

Everyone has been so receptive and the camp very accommodating. It's great to see these programs in action. The enthusiasm and love expressed by the councilors is clearly reflected in the energy of the campers and everyone seems to like the idea of taking that energy home with them for the rest of the year until camp starts again.

No comments: