Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bluegrass Folk


Louisville, KY
Originally uploaded by offyonder
My first stop in Kentucky was in Lexington. Courtney, a friend from Principia, allowed me to park in her drive and she took me into church Sunday morning where I had a chance to meet with the Superintendent and sign her up as a church contact.

That afternoon, I continued on to Louisville where I happened to connect with Art whom I met while working at Camp Owatonna a few years back. It was his birthday and his family was taking him out to dinner. So, I got swooped up along with that, adopted to the family and really enjoyed meeting all of them. Art also let me park in his driveway and as you might be able to see from the photo, my rig took up all of it.

It turns out Art is the Superintendent of 1st church and he ran the A/U chapter in Louisville many years ago. He told me of trips to Florida and other great events they had. He's not sure the population is there to support a chapter today, but he knows what it can bring and is happy to promote DiscoveryBound events.

Art connected me with the Superintendent at second church as well. I told them about the Leadership Conference over Labor Day and suggested a strong Kentucky showing. It could be a fun road trip. I assured him road trips are fun. :)

No comments: