Friday, March 14, 2008

French Quarter Lunch & Chat


FQ Stroll
Originally uploaded by offyonder
Dick Davenport is doing a bible workshop on the beginning of the book of Acts this weekend and he found some time to go out to lunch with Sherwood and I near his hotel in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

Dick was the Dean of Men while Wood an I were at Principia and it was great to connect with him to talk about our time at Prin, to get a sneak preview of the workshop and to share with him how DiscoveryBound is doing and where we're heading.

During the workshop, just before the lunch break, Dick will introduce me and allow me to speak to the group for a few moments to try and kindle some interest in getting a chapter going here in NOLA.

At this point, I need someone to take the lead here. I have, as always, found strong supporters, but the to be chairperson is remaining elusive.

On the organizational side, Kathy - introduced to me by way of Michelle in Austin, has take the charge of helping me recruit church contacts for all the churches and societies in Louisiana. We're using GoogleDocs to stay synchronized and it's working great!!

It would be amazing to have a Church Contact Coordinator like Kathy in each part of the region. Thanks Kathy!

No comments: